If you are into camping, fishing, hunting, or mountaineering, you know for a fact that a good survival knife hanging from your belt or inside your bug-out-bag is a must. And a good quality survival knife can help you in a number of ways most especially in emergency situations.
Survival knives can be used for cutting kindling and firewood, helping you start a fire, helps you build rudimentary shelter, clean fish, open cans, dress wounds, cutting bandages, and many more.
We all know that some of the best survival knives doesn’t come cheap. It costs a great deal of money just to get a hand on one of top of the line survival knives available in the market today. If you have enough budget to buy one, then, there is no problem. But if your budget is somewhat on the lower end of the spectrum, say like 50 bucks, then, finding a good quality survival knife that falls under the 50 dollar budget category will be somewhat of a challenge. But don’t worry, there are still good quality survival knives out there that despite their prices being low, are still considered as great survival knife to have in any survival situation.
Here are our picks for our top 3 best survival knives under $50 Dollars.
- Fixed-blade knife with a razor sharp 1/8 inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade with tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating
- Blade length: 4.3 inches (109 mm); Blade thickness: 0.125 inch (3.2 mm); Total length: 9.1 inches (232 mm); Weight w/sheath: 5.7 oz. (162 g)
- Spine of the blade is ground especially for use with a fire starter (not included)
- Ergonomic handle with high-friction rubber grip gives the feeling of control, making work easier, as if the knife were an extension of your hand
- Black plastic sheath with belt loop keeps knife securely at your side; 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
The best thing about the Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Fixed Blade Knife is its sleek design. It’s like it was built in case there is a zombie apocalypse.
The blade of the Morakniv is made of carbon steel that is hardened for optimal strength making it extremely resistant under pressure. It has a DLC coating that helps protect the blade of the knife against rust. The spine of the blade has also been ground so that it can be used together with a fire starter.
The only drawback of the Morakniv survival knife is its 9.1 inch length. It’s a little bit long for a survival knife and it feels like you’re carrying a small saber instead of a survival knife. But overall, the Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Fixed Blade Knife is still a great knife for your wilderness trips.
Check Price HERE
· Imported: Made in China
· Black paracord wrapped
· Black molded nylon sheath
· Boxed with hanging tab
· Black Steel Blade
· SOG Limited Lifetime Warranty
· Stainless Steel Blade
· Overall Length: 8.5″
· Blade Length: 3.7″
· Weight: 5.6ox
· Blade Type: Fixed
This survival knife is the favorite of urban survivalists. It has a skeletonized sheath that is wrapped with 7 yards of paracord.
The handle of the SOG doesn’t have a flat edge for hammering and the blade is not hard enough to be used for heavy tasks. However, the SOG Tangle Knife is still ideal for your everyday regular use and can still get you through bugging out in the wilderness. And considering its price, this is one impressive survival knife.
Check Price HERE
- Lightweight (5.46oz)
- Easy to carry
- It comes with a belt clip so that it can be carried easier
- Ultra sharp knife
- Made from stainless steel and anodized aluminum handle
- 5-in-1 multi-tool emergency survival knife
- LED light can work up to 12 hrs with new batteries; button style battery cell: model no LR621; Diameter 6.5 MM, Quantity: 4 PCS
- Include nylon pouch with premium gift box
- Perfect for camping, emergency, survival or missions trips
- Invest in Quality. A great gift for the ones you love
- 100% RISK FREE back by a Lifetime Warranty
Forged from a Grade A 420 stainless steel that runs through the entire length of the blade, this survival knife was designed to be the perfect survival tool for every outdoor enthusiasts on the planet.
The BlizeTec has a total length of 8.46 inches from the tip of the blade up to the end of the handle. Weighing just a total of 5.46 ounces, it is one of the lightest survival knives in the market today. The blade of the knife is stainless steel and the handle is made from the classic “pakka” wood.
The BlizeTec may be on the smaller side and may not be suitable for rougher activities, but with its budget friendly price, having the BlizeTec in your survival kit will still be a big plus.
Check Price HERE
There you have it. Our top 3 best survival knives under $50. These knives may not be top of the line, but considering you can get any of these survival knives for just under 50 bucks and can still use them in any survival situation, it’s still a great deal for your money.
Note: There might be a possibility that prices on these knives can change slightly (due to discounts, price increase etc). So in case of major price deviation, let us know via the comments section below.