Whether you are a newbie or seasoned outdoorsman, a survivalist, first responder or military, it’s no secret that owning the right tactical backpack can maximize your storage space and can greatly help you become more prepared and comfortable even in the most demanding and challenging circumstances. What separates tactical backpacks from any other ordinary backpacks is their high-quality and strategically-designed features. The best tactical backpacks are extremely durable, have superior functionality, have enough space to carry all your necessary gear and most of all can withstand even the worst of conditions.
In this article, we will look at three of the best tactical backpacks in the market today; their pros and cons, and why out of the dozens of tactical backpacks out there, these 3 are on top of our list and considered to be the best choices out there.
Best Tactical Backpacks: Our Top 3 Picks
- 1050D Nylon
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Has a reinforced grab-and-go handle, hydration pocket, zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket and wrap-around MOLLE/SlickStick web platform
- Has 2275 cubic inch / 37-liter total capacity
- Has self-repairing YKK zippers
- Perfect to use as a patrol backpack or trekking pack
- Has three mesh admin compartments
- Can be used as a multipurpose pack, bug out bag, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, army backpack, sling bag, hiking rucksack, or everyday outdoor backpack
In the field of tactical backpack industry, there is no denying that the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 is one of the best, well designed and well developed tactical bags in the market today. It is made from the best materials and offers a wealth of spacious features. It also has a highly advanced water repellent coating to help avoid water from damaging the back pack’s surface.
When it comes to storage space, this tactical backpack is spacious: 2,275 cubic inches to be exact. You can squeeze your most essential traveling or hiking gear inside this bag. From clothes, sleeping bags, survival food, and even your laptop, the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 can handle it without a hitch.
Pros and Cons of the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24
- Seven compartments
- Contoured comfortable straps
- Foam padded back panel to ensure optimal airflow
- Smaller pocket sizes
Check Price HERE
- Capacity: 40L.
- High-density fabric-durable and water-resistant.
- Molle webbing throughout for attaching additional tactical pouches.
- Double-stitched, heavy-duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls.
- Side and front load compression system.
- Ventilated mesh padded back area and shoulder strap.
- Shipping weight: 3.2 lbs.
Compared to the 5.11 Tactical RUSH24, the REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack has a smaller capacity and it’s also lighter at just about 3 lbs. But be that as it may, the manufacturers guarantee that this tactical backpack can still hold emergency supplies that can last for 72 hours.
The REEBOW GEAR is made of durable and water-resistant material. It also has heavy-duty zippers. It has several interior and exterior pockets that are really handy for keeping your stuff organized and are also perfect for documents and smaller items.
The shoulder straps and back area of this bag has a ventilated mesh padding that adds to the comfortability of this bag. The REEBOW GEAR is also compatible with a hydration bladder, perfect for carrying water in the most space-efficient way possible.
Pros and Cons of the Reebow Gear
- Numerous pockets offer a good organizational system
- Unique ventilated mesh shoulder strap
- Designed with hydration ready capabilities
- Manufactured with double stitching to ensure durability
- Smaller than normal tactical backpacks
Check price HERE
- 600D Polyester
- Made in the USA or Imported
- 20″ high
- 11″ wide
- Made of highest quality material
- Manufacturer: Red Rock Outdoor Gear
- Red rock gear large assault pack black
Made from 600D Polyester, the RedRock is built to last and can withstand whatever condition it is in. It has 4 compartments that can store more than 35 liters of storage and 3 other larger compartments with heavy-duty zippers. The back panel of this tactical backpack can also hold up to 2.5 liters hydration bladder (not included).
For added comfort and even weight distribution, the RedRock has a contoured mesh padded shoulder straps, waist, and sternum straps. It also has MOLLE webbing straps to aid in your individual needs and customization.
The RedRock is very rugged and spacious making it the perfect tactical backpack for hiking trips and tactical missions and recommended for emergency personnel.
Pros and Cons of the RedRock
- Compartments and pockets are spacious and roomy
- The exterior part of the pack is well designed and built
- Comes with multiple comfortabilities and stability features
- Has 9 different colors and designs to choose from
- The mesh ventilated feature is great to minimize moisture build-up on the back
- Heavy-duty zippers
- Interior stitching is poorly done
- Clips and rings are made of plastic
Check Price HERE
There you have it, the 3 best tactical backpacks (in our humble opinion) that you can choose from and own right now. We assure you that you will not go wrong in choosing any of these tactical backpacks. Each is well designed, built from the best materials, and most of all reviewed positively by people who have already tried them.